This year on November 29, Five Acres will participate in #GivingTuesday, a global movement to promote social good and celebrate giving. #GivingTuesday kicks off the holiday giving season and brings charities, families, business, students, retailers and communities together. This year we are excited to announce that Wells Fargo has generously offered to match every gift dollar for dollar up to $10,000 to buy a language arts curriculum for the Five Acres Therapeutic School!
Our goal is to raise $10,000 by #GivingTuesday, November 29, to meet the Wells Fargo Challenge and raise the full $20,000 for the new curriculum.
The Five Acres Therapeutic School serves 80 children in grades K-10 with special needs and learning disabilities. Before they come to us, our students have many gaps in their knowledge base. This curriculum will help close those gaps and open the door to greater learning!
Your gift will provide a language arts curriculum that will reach 1,000 children over the next 10 years.
We invite YOU to join the movement to help promote learning and
giving back this Tuesday, November 29th:
Make your gift and learn more at www.crowdrise.com/FiveAcresOrg.
2) Fundraise for Five Acres:
– You can start your own fundraiser on our page at www.crowdrise.com/FiveAcresOrg and ask your friends to give back for #GivingTuesday.
– Share the #GivingTuesday flyer from our Facebook page and encourage your friends to donate.
Every little bit helps us reach our goal of $10,000 to meet the Wells Fargo Challenge!
– Email 5 of your friends and encourage them to support the cause.
– Volunteer as an advocate and “like” or “share” our social media posts.
– Post an #UNselfie on Facebook/Instagram to share why you support Five Acres (or send us a post and we’ll post for you). Use the hashtag #UNselfie, #5AgivingTuesday, and #GivingTuesday. See instructions below.
Thank you to Wells Fargo for doubling every gift!
If you work for a company that matches employee gifts, you could triple your impact to Five Acres.
Please check with your HR office to see if your company will match your donation.
Thank you for helping us reach our goal so that our students have access to the tools they need to succeed!
1) Download the “I support Five Acres because” photo by right clicking on the photo or get creative and make your own! Be sure to write why you’re supporting Five Acres.
2) Take a “selfie” photo (ideally with your smartphone) with your image.
3) Post your photo to your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter account with a caption such as: I support Five Acres for #5AGivingTuesday! Visit www.crowdrise.com/FiveAcresOrg to join the movement!
4) Tag 5 friends in your post and encourage them to support! The more people involved, the more fun and successful our #GivingTuesday will be!