There are more than 20,000 children in L.A. awaiting permanent family solutions.
Every day, children are separated from their families due to neglect, abuse, or mental health issues. And while the number of kids in need of loving homes rises, the number of available foster families is dropping.
Our mission is to find permanent families for every child in L.A.’s foster care system by the year 2020.
Film a trust fall video with someone you love to spread the message:
that every child belongs in the arms of a loving family.
We’re challenging everyone to film and share their own trust falls to inspire others to help stop L.A.’s foster care crisis. What should you say in your video?
- That L.A.’s 20,000+ foster kids belong in the arms of a permanent, loving family
- Tag other people to do the challenge
- Follow Five Acres @fiveacresorg on social media
- Visit 5acres.org/trustfall to learn more about how to become a foster parent, volunteer or donate to the #20kBy2020 cause
View our Trust Fall Challenge video
Want to help? Fill out the form.
Social change starts with you. Fill out the form to subscribe to our newsletter and be a force for good in L.A.
Get your #20kBy2020 button
Want to donate? A suggested donation of $5 (or more!) will snag you a limited edition #20kBy2020 button to wear with purpose. Feeling extra committed? Sign up for monthly donations and let it spark your next conversation!
Help us break a world record!
On November 1, 2017, Five Acres will attempt to break the World Record for relay trust falls! We need over 252 people to break the record and anyone can attend, so RSVP today to Emily Peters | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location: Five Acres Main Campus; 760 W. Mountain View St., Altadena, CA 91001
- Day: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
- Time: 1:00 pm (come a little early!)