This year on December 1, Five Acres will once again participate in #GivingTuesday, a global movement to promote social good and celebrate giving. #GivingTuesday kicks off the holiday giving season and brings charities, families, businesses, students, retailers and communities together. Our goal for #GivingTuesday is to raise $8,800 by Tuesday, December 1 to buy 16 beds for one of our residential cottages, which will enable us to provide a safe haven for many more children.
Sadly, many foster children do not have a safe place to sleep at night. Five Acres provides a safe haven for over 140 children each year, and your support for our #GivingTuesday campaign will help us prepare to care for even more. Some foster children need temporary care for only a few weeks. That is why these 16 beds will serve up to 140 additional children each year.
Your gift will provide a safe, warm bed to a child who currently has no place to stay.
We invite YOU to join the movement to help
promote giving back this Tuesday, December 1:
1) Donate: make your gift and learn more at www.crowdrise.com/fiveacres
2) Fundraise for Five Acres:
Even if you don’t have a lot to give, you can help us get a lot. If 16 people each help us raise $550 among your friends, we will reach our goal of 16 beds. Even if you can help us raise $50 or $100 that makes a difference!
You can start your own fundraiser on our page at www.crowdrise.com/fiveacres and ask your friends to give back for #GivingTuesday.
* Email 5 friends encouraging them to support our cause
* Volunteer as an advocate and “like” or “share” our social media posts
* Post an #UNselfie on Facebook/Instagram to share why you support Five Acres (or send to us and we’ll post for you!). Use the hashtag #UNselfie, #5AGivingTuesday, and #GivingTuesday. Visit us here to download #UNselfie instructions: www.5acres.org/givingtuesday.
Thank you for helping us reach our goal so that
every child in need has a warm bed to sleep!