Check out our video for some trotting tips!
Please join us VIRTUALLY for our first-ever
FIVE ACRES TURKEY TROT 2020
- Decide if you want to participate as an individual or as a team. You can create a team or join a team that is already registered. Include friends and family to raise money for Five Acres children.
- Register for Five Acres Turkey Trot 2020. Use the bright green button.
- Donate to Five Acres. Use the bright orange button.
- Your race package will be mailed out to you after you register, so be sure to register early. You will receive a 5A racer’s bib and Clif bar.
- Upload your trotting photos to the Five Acres Turkey Trot 2020 page. We would love to see pictures of you participating and wearing your 5A racer’s bib (with Clif bar is optional).
- Tag @fiveacresorg and use #5ATurkeyTrot2020 on Facebook and Instagram.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brandon Ito 626-390-8453.
What is a Turkey Trot?
A Turkey Trot is a family and friends reunion which usually takes place on Thanksgiving morning. Participants walk, run, bike or trot together. It’s a great way to limber up before a big Thanksgiving meal. It’s also a time to be thankful for what we have and donate to those who need support.
What is the Five Acres VIRTUAL Turkey Trot?
It’s the same as a regular Turkey Trot, but due to the COVID-19 crisis, there is no set location and does not have to be on Thanksgiving, unless that’s what you want! It can be indoors or outdoors. Five Acres Turkey Trot 2020 is going on NOW through November 26, THANKSGIVING DAY! Virtual also means that you can form a team with friends and family, while you are distanced. You aren’t limited to walking, running, biking or trotting. You can also treadmill, Peloton, push baby in a stroller through the neighborhood, do yoga or just relax indoors. You decide!
Should I register for the Five Acres Turkey Trot?
Yes! It’s family friendly. It isn’t competitive – unless you want it to be. If you set up a team, you set your goal for how much money you want your team to raise. You can reach out to friends and family to join you virtually. Your donation and a portion of the registration fee will go to supporting the children of Five Acres. Due to the challenges resulting from the COVID-19 crisis, our Five Acres kids need your support more than ever!
How is the money I’ve raised used? How about my donation?
The money that you raise and the donation that you make to Five Acres is used to care for children and families in crisis, including foster care, adoption, deaf services, therapeutic residential care for foster youth, and community-based mental/behavioral health programs. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Five Acres is deemed an essential business, so we are continuing to serve our children, families, and community under the Safer at Home order. Your contribution will go towards maintaining the well-being of the Five Acres children and staff.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING FIVE ACRES.